Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good Intentions

When I first started this blog, I had every intention of updating it often. Then life happened. In a good way. I don't find as many hours in the day this spring as I did last year at this time to pop in and upload pictures and tell stories. I'm hoping that someday things will settle down (Right.) and I will be able to be a better blogger! For now, you can send me to blogger time out. . .

Since I last updated, things have settled down for Miss Avery. We think that our last trip to the ER was due to her anti-seizure medication levels being off. I could write a book about the woes of weaning and adding seizure medications. Hate em'! She has had a lot of good days in the last three weeks which is such a blessing. Right now sweet Avery girl is my shadow. I mean literally. She is pretty much within twelve inches of me nearly all of her waking hours- and sometimes her sleeping hours too! She just doesn't want to let me out of her sight and I'm o.k. with that, it just makes things complicated. Things like laundry, cooking, cleaning and blogging can become tricky with a 35 pound toddler attached to your hip! Sometimes I can get away with talking on the phone for long periods of time because I can continue to play or do whatever it is Miss Avery insists on while holding the phone between my shoulder and ear:)

Kaylen has been busy with school, dance, Girl Scouts (and selling cookies!), birthday parties and losing teeth (a total of four now!) She is growing up so fast, with her seventh (gasp!) birthday party fast approaching! We are playing around with ideas for a theme right now, but I think we are going for a cross between a camp-out and a diva slumber party. We'll see how much time I find in the next month or so to pull something together! Britton's schedule is still crazy with winter sports just ending and spring sports beginning. Many weeks the girls don't see him for several days in a row because he leaves before they are awake and gets home long after their bedtime . Two weeks ago, I spent a week in D.C., advocating for increased funding for
TSC research, have been planning our trip to California for Avery's surgical evaluation at UCLA over spring break, and am trying to stay on top of assignments for my Master's class, besides working part time and keeping up with two very busy little girls. I don't mind being busy, I just wish sometimes I had a few less items on my to-do list:) So for now I will leave you with a few random pics of the main reasons why I don't find much time to blog these days! Excuses, excuses. I know:)










post signature

No comments: