Friday, June 13, 2008

Libby Lu

Last week Kaylen's friend Rylee celebrated her sixth birthday by taking three of her best friends to Libby Lu at the Oak Park Mall in Overland Park. Her mommy rented a fifteen passenger van so that us mommies could tag along with our girls .

I used the hour and a half trip to rest up for the big day. Thanks, Nikki, for capturing this flattering shot of me :)



We enjoyed lunch at the Rainforest Cafe before heading to Libby Lu.



Then it was off to get glamorized at Club Libby Lu!

Party like a rock star!

Making sure it's just right :)

After all the girls got their makeovers they headed out to the mall to get their groove on. It was too, too cute!


Here they are dancing to "I got all my sisters and me."



What a fun day! I have to say that I'm pretty sure the mommies had as much fun (or more) on this trip. Can you tell that I was itching to get in on the action?

I realized on this trip, that since moving down here, I have had somewhat of a negative attitude about living in a "small" town. I miss so many things about 'city life' - late night Target shopping trips, Chipolte, Panera, the malls, Gymboree, just to name a few. Spending the day at a mall that I used to visit once a week with four fun moms and their girls was a wake up call. I wouldn't have had nearly that much fun had I gone to the same birthday party a year ago. It would have been just another party at the mall (or Chuckee Cheese, or Pump it Up, or _______ fill in the blank) but because it's not something we do all the time now, it made the day really special and exciting. This is one birthday party Kaylen won't soon forget. I hope Rylee felt the same way!

post signature

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How incredibly fun does that look?!! I by no means want Gentry to grow up any faster than she already is, but what a fun thing to do with a little girl!!

I love that picture in front of Rain Forest Cafe with Kaylen's leg kicked up! I am serious here...you have a little model on your hands!!

Have a great day!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I love Libby Lu! I can't wait to take my 2 and 3 year old there in a few years. Looks like a fun trip! Found you while blog surfing! Enjoyed your blog.

Lezeto Media said...

If you are a child born anywhere between 2000 and 2009 then you would have joined a party at Club Libby Lu. It is a chain of sparkly and pink-and-purple wonderlands where cute girls can spend time.