Tuesday, June 10, 2008

City Girls

Miss Avery attends preschool two days a week in KC which is an hour and forty five minutes one way from our house! As most of you know Avery has tuberous sclerosis and because of it tumors, seizures, and pretty severe developmental delays. Avery's school accepts children with all kinds of disabilities at two years of age (most don't start until three) and there she is able to get amazing one on one physical, occupational, speech, cognitive, music, and water therapies. It is just an amazing place and so we have found a way to make the long drives (and horrible gas prices) work.

Now that school is out Kaylen goes with me to KC twice a week. While Avery is with her class, Kaylen and I go on little adventures nearby. We lived in a suburb of KC for ten years and one of our favorite hangouts has always been Crown Center. I have been taking Kaylen there since she was about two years old. We love the fountains, the shops, and eating at Panera. Last week the weather was beautiful and we spent the morning sipping coffee (and juice) hanging out by the fountains, and just enjoying being back in the city for a little while!

I can't function without my morning coffee, aka orange juice.

That's better!




post signature

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I LOVE Crown Center - when are you going to take me there - you know I hate to drive in KC!!!! I might have to get my GPS out and try it on my own someday?????? :-)

Bethany said...

Those are some FUN pics! It looks like you two had a great time just hanging out together while waiting on Miss Avery!

I am not sure why, but fountains sure are fun, aren't they?!!

Kaylen is growing up so fast! WOW...I can't believe it! She is such a beautiful little girl!