Tuesday, January 13, 2009

keep it Simple

I've been thinking a lot about the whole New Year's resolution thing. It's almost time for people to start falling off the wagon isn't it? I know I've missed two days of planned exercising and I didn't even 'resolve' to lose weight. I'd like to be healthier and shed a few pounds, but am I resolved to do it?

Instead I've decided to do something a little different this year. I plan to keep it simple. Every morning as I stand at my kitchen sink mixing meds and chocolate milk (not together) and running through my mental to-do list, I stare at this little black sign. It's been there since shortly after we moved in. I'm not sure why I bought it or even what "Simplify" signified to me at the time. Probably I just liked how it looked.



But that's what I am going to do this year.


Simplify.

No complicated resolutions or plans. Just to simply enjoy this life, as complicated as it may be. I plan to simply be happy. To simply be.


Sounds simple doesn't it? I'll let you know how it goes.

post signature

No comments: